Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 5 months ago #3596

• DaveSR1
  • Platinum
  • Thank you received: 135
Acestumacher wrote:
How can it "sap" the servers fps?, its not installed on the server and it dosent use any bandwidth on the users end as its only visual.?

I am not sure why, but somehow the server runs everyone slower. The HUD was banned eventually at that league I believe. I noticed in several of our races in the past that being near certain cars caused an extremely slow FR. The only info I need is what lap I am on and what my position is. Occasionally I check the tire wear, especially after a spin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3982

• hobbescene
  • Senior Donator
  • Thank you received: 47
Ok so here we go :woohoo:

First off, these are evolutions of the initial concept, optimized to generate the least FPS impact.
They are not really optimized for distribution, so please bear this in mind.
Based on latest rfDynHUD version; 1080p screen resolution, no steering wheel/ no driver's arms displayed

- central dashboard with:
*shiftlights (8 top + 9th redline in the top right corner)
* GEAR / SPEED
* fuel bar + remaining fuel and remaining laps
* fuel warning light (top left corner)
* lap counter
* time gaps <relative to driver> + number of pit stops completed (see input bindings in the editor to cycle through <relative to driver>/ <relative to leader>/ <off>)
- lap time + sector splits and relative timing
- brake temps
- map (use input bindings in the editor to assign a key to display/ hide the map in session)
- lap timing +sectors (fastest lap, your own fastest, current lap)
- Start lights (for race session only, disappear a few seconds after the green lights)

Link:
Files to drop in your rfDynHUD folder
Just merge the folders, no need to replace the existing components (i think)

to get going:
- BACK UP your existing rfDynHUD folder (make a full copy somewhere safe, you never know)
- drop the files in the plugin\rfDynHud folder
- there are 3 versions of the central dashboard (different colors): E (light blue) / F (sand) / G (williams blue)
- in the \config folder, create a new folder for the mod you want to use the overlay.ini file
-> you can find which name you should give the folder by first launching the mod, then look in the rfdynHud\log
- drop the .ini files (overlays) from the \Dash E or F or G in the appropriate \config\<mod> folder; this way you can use different overlays for different mods (even different cars) automatically

- use the editor to:
* adjust the shift lights x/y positions (click on the central dashboard, look for shift lights on the right hand side properties bar) -> these are not relative but in absolute pixels, so if your resolution differs from mine, you'll need to do some manual adjustments in the editor
* adjust the RPM threshold at which each shift light turns on
* adjust the position of the various components
* edit the input bindings to assign different keys to different actions (hide component, cycle through, etc.)
* save as overlays for different sessions with different components (test day, practice, qualy, etc.) according to your needs

note: also included in the package are:
- monitor small overlay (when you are off track in the menus, map is displayed over the small monitor window
- large monitor overlay (monitor full screen: large map, times and gaps, F1SR logo :lol:
- garage overlay: time board + fuel bar to make sure you are leaving the box with the right amount

Screenshots:
Dash F, starting line

Dash F, race

Dash G, race

Feel free to post if you have any questions
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by hobbescene. Reason: added details/ instructions

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3985

• Acestumacher
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1392
What did you do to make the track layout show during race?, very nice too!!

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3988

• hobbescene
  • Senior Donator
rfDynHUD adds a java based layer of components onto the screen and you can customize each "overlay" based on mod, car, session, etc.
I simply added the track widget to my main overlay, and added an input binding command on the wheel to hide/ display it when i need it
I get most of my consistency from learning corners' entry/exit speeds. the central dash lets me look far in the distance while "seeing" the speed/ gear indicator which i find very valuable.

the map (left) and lap times (right) are standard, but i customized the central HUD using an image drawn in photoshop. Looking into more colors right now..

I was hoping this would generate more enthusiasm haha :ohmy:
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by hobbescene.

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3989

• jonny
  • Platinum
  • Thank you received: 111
i totally agree with dave all i need is my poss lap and fuel this has brought new light to a problem that richard tol has well i think it must be this i have not noticed any change but i have a top end gaming pc

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3990

• jonny
  • Platinum
  • Thank you received: 111
also if it has been banned in other leagues we should also look in to banning it as it is not fair on those with not so good fps.
maybe we could do a test in to finding this out
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by jonny.

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3991

• hobbescene
  • Senior Donator
jonny wrote:
i totally agree with dave all i need is my poss lap and fuel this has brought new light to a problem that richard tol has well i think it must be this i have not noticed any change but i have a top end gaming pc

Could be. But beyond not having any issue, i don't think i have ever been singled out for being "laggy" around non-hud running drivers.

IMHO, a more reasonable explanation would be that if a full grid with mid-range pcs a couple yrs ago had everyone running the hud, it could make pcs struggle locally and in turn hamper the server's efforts to keep everyone in sync.
As far as i can see, even "hud-less" rfactor's net code is far from flawless and lag, warping, etc. occur anyway occasionally. but that's my two cents..

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3992

• hobbescene
  • Senior Donator
jonny wrote:
also if it has been banned in other leagues we should also look in to banning it as it is not fair on those with not so good fps

i would start by checking everyone's latency/ ping to the server.. you'll find the hud is probably a lot less at fault than spotty internet speeds/ slower pcs.

But since i won't be racing much because of schedule, my voice shouldn't count for much..

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3993

• Acestumacher
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1392
Suggesting rfDynHUD saps bandwidth surley is the same as saying having your graphics on full also saps bandwidth?, you dont need to be connected to the internet to use rfDynHUD so how can it affect being in a server?

Re: RfdynHud - custom layout and HUD designs 2 years 4 months ago #3994

• hobbescene
  • Senior Donator
Acestumacher wrote:
Suggesting rfDynHUD saps bandwidth surley is the same as saying having your graphics on full also saps bandwidth?, you dont need to be connected to the internet to use rfDynHUD so how can it affect being in a server?

i tend to agree with you Ace.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information